Tuesday, August 28

A-knitting we will go

I've been busy lately. Not really, but I like to think so.

Back in the late spring I bought this yarn from sweetcheex76 on Etsy and decided it was so wonderful I needed an awesome project for it. I quickly used one skein for a scarf, but was at a loss for the other skein--I wanted matching head- and hand-wear, but I just don't like hats since I've always got my hair up, and mittens just don't hack it when you're fishing in your purse for your keys (yes, I know gloves do, but it's such a nice yarn I didn't want to rub holes in it). The solution? To take the pattern from the scarf and apply it to the head wrap--a Calorimetry--and to fingerless mitts (no cables for me; they're really just a tube with a hole in the side that you turn into a thumb, but hey, who's counting?). I present the Argosy set in all it's pseudo-lacy glory:



And next on the needles will be another Calorimetry, this time for my husband, who also has long hair that is always in a pony tail. We know he'll love it since he loved his first scarf*, a monstrosity created as I re-learned to knit just after my freshman year in college.

~~
*I used the only skein of yarn I owned, then went to the store for another, which was obviously a different color since it had been 7 years since I bought the first. Hideously clashed, but well-loved, I give you the Permanently Unfinished Scarf!**



**Yes, he does wear it in public

No comments: