Tuesday, August 14

Getting a little personal

You know, this time of year school's starting up again. My kid sister (not so little anymore, she's getting her permit soon!) starts her sophomore year tomorrow and is not looking forward to it at all. My brother, on the other hand, is starting college and can't wait to become a...a...something, but he's pretty into it. We grew up in a college town, and that means low tuition and decent scholarships if your grades are good, so he's not too poorly off (but constantly griping about not getting a free ride like I had [note: Tough cookies, kiddo! You could have applied yourself, but you chose not to. Not my fault!]). Even my husband is doing school stuff now, which might come as a shock to those who know us--he's finally "settled" on graphic design and seems to be enjoying his new drawing tablet (anniversary gift). We have a new kitten, too, and she's occasionally getting along with our older (4 year-old) cat; she chews on everything as only kittens can do, and we still have to keep them in the bathroom at night sometimes (so she won't chew on us). One of my best friends just moved to Texas for law school, and another went with her girlfriend and girlfriend's daughter to North Dakota so her girlfriend could do her Master's. Another friend is having a baby, and still another is finishing up school while working full-time to support herself and her husband. Makes me feel like I ought to be doing something more, you know?

No comments: