Wednesday, September 5

In which I get lost doing things I probably didn't need to do...

More knitting. And gaming, incidentally, but who's counting?

Finished that Calorimetry for my husband, with some wonderful alpaca yarn from Celia on Etsy, and he liked it well enough to request similar fingerless mitts. This may have something to do with the fact that, in spite of our living in the separate upstairs of my in-laws' house, his mother likes to keep the place at about -30 Celsius or something (okay, maybe 70 Fahrenheit, but either way the whole place is on the same central heating and air, and it's cold). So I made some fingerless mitts. They look really silly without someone's hands in them.



Then I had this brilliant idea: I can make Calorimetries for my girlfriends for Christmas. We've all got long hair, it's more convenient than a hat, and between Hannah's efforts and mine, everyone probably has about 47 scarves by now. There's only so many times you can say, "Oh, thanks! Another scarf! I needed one in this particular shade of turquoise...."

I got Trauma Center: Second Opinion for the Wii. I like it, and I felt like I was doing pretty good going back and getting S-rank on all the missions--then I figured out I was doing it on the easy mode. It's fun, but challenging at times, even on easy, and the story's fairly interesting (note: I have not played any other version of Trauma Center, so I don't know if it's rather redundant or not). The control system works fairly well, and it's not too gory or anything, so I like it =)

No comments: